Quick Getting Started
- Go to https://office365.asu.edu/teams
- On the sign in page, you will use your ASURITE and password, and make sure you choose “Faculty or Staff”
- Once the interface loads, you can either click on the download button at the top or click on your profile picture (or initials) in the top-right corner, and click “Download the desktop app”
- Once it downloads, you should automatically be signed in. If not, use your firstname.lastname@example.org email to begin the sign in process. (note: make sure you sign in as Faculty/Staff, just as you do with your Outlook email)
- You can download the mobile client on your device’s app store, just use your normal email@example.com ASU email address to start the sign in process (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have been using Skype for Business, you will want to turn it off/log out. If this applies to you and you can’t find how to do that, feel free to just reach out and we can help you
- Once you get signed in, we recommend setting a profile picture so people can more easily find you. You can do this by clicking on the icon in the upper-right and clicking "change picture" just under your name.
- If you are going to do audio/video meetings, I would recommend either using a USB headset or, at the very least, a pair of earbuds to isolate outgoing sound from your microphone. (laptop mics are notorious for picking up a lot of room noise)
- You will not see anything in the “Teams” area until you are added to the team.
- The web and desktop apps have cross-messaging with Skype for Business. The mobile apps do not.
- You can access/install this from anywhere, including personal devices if needed.
- Microsoft Teams FAQ - https://asu.service-now.com/sp/?id=kb_article&sys_id=2332c123db859340b4da790aaf9619ad
- Microsoft Teams Planner FAQ - https://asu.service-now.com/sp/?id=kb_article&sys_id=6b9c9627db8dd340b4da790aaf961942